Tuesday

public help!

I decided that I needed to photograph, photograph, photograph as much as possible and as soon as possible so that I have some images to work from. I sent an email around to some house clearance companies in and around Leeds asking for their help and asking whether it would even be a possibility to photograph these situations.


While I was researching I found out that lots of the companies also do 'trauma' clearing, where they empty the house after there has been a death in the house. I think this would be absolutely fascinating to capture, however it is obviously a very sensitive subject and I think whilst I would be as diplomatic as I could be it would be incredibly difficult to get the permission of the family at such a distressing time.
I got in contact with several companies, Forge Waste, Harrogate House Clearance, FJ House Clearance and Highcliffe House Clearance and got a reply from Harvey at Forge Waste who was so helpful and said he will get in contact with me whenever he gets a booking in for a clearing. ~Unfortunately they don't really know in advance when they will get a job that would be suitable for me to photograph so hopefully if they do it will coincide with when I am available.


I also sent out an email begging for help through lvaf, the Leeds Visual Arts Forum and was really pleased when I got several replies suggesting community centres, churches and relatives who I could contact and see if they would be interested in meeting me and having their portrait done. One of the centres that I am keen to go to as soon as I can is Caring Together in Little London and Kirkgate Studios and Workshops where a lot of retired and older people attend the classes run there.

No comments:

Post a Comment