Tuesday

how to paint


I found a tutorial website that shows you basic tips about how to paint elderly people. Even though this is designed for use on photoshop the basic principles can apply to painting in real life! I am treating this project as a chance to study the human face as much as possible, and gather research in preparation for my final major project. I think that some of the techniques shown in this tutorial are going to be very useful for when it comes to painting detailed images of the face. The most interesting part for me is the way that the wrinkles on the face look so realistic - as I am really only using pen and ink at the moment it is difficult to get the wrinkles to look effective. When painting it will be much easier to get the depth to each individual line - using the base colour to paint the wrinkle rather than using a harsh black line of a pen like I am doing now. There are also some really interesting points about ensuring that the wrinkles and lines are consistent with the contours of the face which again adds depth and a rounder finish to the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment