Sunday

matt duffin


Matt Duffin
's work really shows how symbolic everyday items can be. The way that he has painted the objects, the colours and the composition, create an eerie effect that otherwise wouldn't be achieved. The history and stories behind objects really intrigues me, like the flowers I am photographing decaying, the can also be hugely symbolic. I have been going around a couple of charity shops in the search of an object that I feel has a history to it, the sort of items that are discarded at carboot sales. Unfortunately, with the nature of charity shops nowadays, most of the items are of top quality and dont visibly show any signs of a previous owner - probably the point... I am most interested in old objects and also bizarre, distinctive pieces which convey the personality of the person who chose them in the first place.





No comments:

Post a Comment